These Punjab GK Questions are perfect for your preparation of Punjab Govt. Exams. These Punjab GK MCQ will help you to understand the Level of Punjab GK in the upcoming exams of Punjab Government.
Punjab GK Questions - Part 7
1. Le Corbusier, the architect of Chandigarh was a
(a) French Architect
(b) Greek Architect
(c) Russian Architect
(d) Spanish Architect
Ans (A) French Architect
- Chandigarh is located at the foothills of Siwaliks. The Name of Chandigarh is derived from the temple ‘Chandi Mandir’.
2. Bhakra Dam is situated on which river?
Ans (B) Satluj
- Bhakra Dam is called the ‘New Temple of Resurgent of India’ by the first Prime Minister of India Jawahar Lal Nehru.
3. Who is the first Punjabi novelist to get Jananpith Award?
a) Nanak Singh
b) Gurdial Duggal
c) Gurdial Singh
d) Nanak Duggal
Ans (C) Gurdial Singh
- Famous Works of Gurdial Singh
- Marhi Da Deeva
- Addh Chanan Raat
- Anhe Ghorean Da Daan
- Saggi Phul
- Kutta te Aadmi
- Begana Pind
4. Who was the pioneer of the Punjabi Suba movement?
a) Master Tara Singh
b) Master Kapoor Singh
c) Giani Kartar Singh
d) Darshan Singh Pheruman
Ans (A) Master Tara Singh
- Punjabi Suba Movement was a movement to the reorganization of Punjab on the linguistic basis by the Sikhs.
- There were two main leaders in this movement.
- Master Tara Singh
- Sant Fateh Singh
5. How many times Dr. Gopi Chand Bhargava (The First CM of Punjab) became CM of Punjab?
Ans (C) 03
- First Time CM of Punjab – 15 August 1947, to 13 April 1949.
- Second Time CM of Punjab – 18 October 1949, to 20 June 1951.
- Third Time as Caretaker CM of Punjab – 21 June 1964, and 6 July 1964.
- He was a member of Congress.
- He did his M.B.B.S. from the Lahore Medical College.
6. Where was the first Anglo Sikh battle fought?
b) Pheru Shahar
Ans (A) Mudki
- Sikh lost the battle of Mudki due to the traitor Lal Singh.
- Lal Singh led the Sikh forces and Sir Hugh Gough led the British forces.
- The battle of Mudki was fought on 21 Dec. 1845.
7. The ‘Khalsa’ was founded on:
a) Vaisakhi of 1699
b) Maghi of 1705
c) Vaisakhi of 1799
d) Maghi of 1666
Ans (A) Vaisakhi of 1699
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji founded the Khalsa in Sikh Religion.
- On the foundation day of Khalsa, Guru Sahib also announced the Panj Pyare as the Khalsa.
- Daya Ram ( A Khatri from Lahore)
- Dharam Das ( A Jat of Delhi)
- Mohkam Chand (A calico printer of Dwarka)
- Himmat Singh (a water carrier from Jagan Nath)
- Sahib Chand (A barber from Bidar)
8. Guru Gobind Singh fought his first battle at:
c) Anand Pur
Ans (A) Bhangani
- The Battle of Bhangani was fought at Bhangani situated on the bank of river Giri.
- This battle was fought between Guru Gobind Singh Ji Vs Raja Bhim Chand of Kahlur of Bilaspur & other hill chiefs.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji won this battle.
9. Maharaja Ranjit Singh was from:
a) Bhangi Misl
b) Sukerchakia Misl
c) Nishanwalia Misl
d) Kros Singhia Misl
Ans (B) Sukerchakia Misl
- Sukrechkia Misl was founded by Budda Singh.
- Budh Singh was the first name of M. Ranjit Singh later changed to Ranjit Singh.
10. The Treaty of Amritsar between the Sikhs and the British was signed in:
Ans (A) 1809
- In the treaty of Amritsar, both parties agree to
- Have friendly relationship with each other.
- No more troops more than necessary on the bank of Satluj by M. Ranjit Singh
- In violation of terms, the treaty would be null & void.
Punjab GK Questions Part -8
Punjab GK Questions - Part 6
Hi, I’m Sandeep Singh. I am a Post-Graduate who has two years’ experience as a Competitive Exams Teacher. I cracked many exams of Punjab Govt. Jobs in India. And, Teaching is my passion. I love to teach.